Louis XV Foldover Journal
Gilded arcs twine 'round the cover of this opulent Louis XV Journal, modeled after the binding of a devotional work from the monarch's reign. Its design marries the playful exuberance of Rococo fashion with the elegant symmetry of Baroque styling. Antoine-Michel Padeloup, bookbinder to the king, may have had a hand the creation of the original. This unique journal also features a foldover panel that closes with a magnet to secure your writings. Makes a great personal diary -- no need to worry about a lock or keep track of a key.
- Cover design gleams with subtle iridescent highlighting.
- Raised embossing provides a dimensional effect.
- Coordinating endpapers.
- 160 lightly-lined pages for personal reflection, sketching, making lists, or jotting down quotations or poems.
- Acid-free archival paper takes pen and pencil beautifully.
- 6-1/4 inches wide x 8-1/4 inches high.
- Hardcover journal lies flat for ease of use.