The Universe Journal
This intriguing journal's Gryffindor-ish stylings reproduce the binding of The Universe: Or, the Infinitely Great and the Infinitely Little, an encyclopedia of the sciences by French naturalist Felix-Archimede Pouchet (1800-1872), published in London in 1870 and designed by John Leighton. Its cover medallions' words and images herald '' Air Water Fire,'' '' Vegetable Animal Mineral,'' and in the center -- '' The Universe,'' spheres indicating latitude and longitude, with zodiac symbols within.
- Smooth matte hardcover journal is embossed with gold foil highlights.
- Elegant gold ribbon bookmark complements the design.
- 160 lightly-lined writing pages.
- Acid-free archival paper takes pen and pencil beautifully.
- Inside back cover pocket holds notes, reminders, business cards, etc.
- Handsome bronze endpapers complement the design.
- Journal measures 6-1/4 inches wide by 8-1/4 inches high