Great Omar Journal
''The Moving Finger writes... '' Let this stunning journal inspire you to pen 1,000 poems! Our Great Omar Journal is inspired by an original sumptuous jeweled binding created for The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam by English binders Sangorski & Sutcliffe, called the ''Rolls-Royce'' of bookbinding. Lost with the Titanic, the binding boasted more than 1,000 jewels and took two years to create. A subsequent re-creation of the design was destroyed during the London Blitz; some of the jewels were salvaged, however, and the binding re-created once more in 1982. This legendary binding inspires our journal cover. Let it spur a similar devotion and resolve in your writing!
- The Great Omar gleams with iridescent and glossy highlights.
- Raised embossing imbues dimension.
- A gold ribbon bookmark and gilded-gold page edging add elegant detail. The journal provides 192 lightly-lined pages for personal reflection and creative expression.
- Its creamy-smooth acid-free archival paper takes pen beautifully.
- 7-1/4 inches wide x 9 inches high.
- Hardcover journal lies flat for ease of use.